Tony is a graduate of the University of Cincinnati College of Law and also holds a MBA from Northern Kentucky University and a BBA in finance from University of Kentucky. Tony also holds a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) designation to provide practice valuations. He is the founder and Managing Attorney at Mahan Law which specializes in veterinary law, including practice acquisitions, in-house counseling, litigation, and startups. In 2013, he and his wife, Dr. Jennifer Mahan, opened Riverview Animal Hospital which is now very successful multi-doctor practice just outside Cincinnati, Ohio. This gives Tony the unique advantage of understanding what it takes to build a thriving practice from two perspectives—as an advisor and as an owner.
Tony almost exclusively represents veterinary clients across the country and regularly presents continuing education seminars on various legal topics concerning the industry as a RACE approved provider. He is a multi-year recipient of the National Trial Lawyers association’s “Top 40 Under 40” in Kentucky, which recognizes the top 40 trial lawyers from each state under the age of 40.
Prior to engaging in his own law firm Tony worked as a law clerk to Justice Wil Schroeder on the Kentucky Supreme Court and worked as an associate commercial litigation attorney with a local law firm. Tony also serves as an adjunct professor of business law at Northern Kentucky University’s College of Business where he teaches Business Law and Emerging Enterprise Law to undergraduates and managerial legal concepts in the MBA department.
- J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law
- M.B.A., Northern Kentucky University
- B.B.A. – Finance, University of Kentucky
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Indiana